Updated Tuesday, 17 November 2020.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Travel Update
We are committed to ensuring the health & safety of all of our travellers on all tours at all times. We understand that the COVID-19 Coronavirus is currently causing concern to travellers and we thank all of our loyal customers for their patience and understanding during these unprecendented events. We are monitoring the changing situation daily and will keep all travellers informed about any changes to their holiday plans. Our team will provide all travellers with any available options for their holidays.
- Australian Rail Holidays – Postponed to 9 December 2020
Due to capacity restrictions in SA, we have postponed our Australian Rail Holidays event that was due to take place on 19 November 2020.
- Adelaide Day Tours – Suspended until 30 November 2020
Our range of Travel Mates day tours in SA have been temporarily suspended due to new COVID-19 capacity limits.
- Ghan Rail Holidays – Suspended until 30 January 2021
Due to the NT/SA border closure, the Ghan train journeys have been suspended for the rest of the 2020 season.
- Broome & the Kimberley tours – Suspended until 30 April 2021
Due to the WA border closure, our Broome & the Kimberley tours have been suspended for the rest of the 2020 season.
- Tours to Victoria – Suspended until 28 February 2021
Due to the VIC border closure, our tours to Victoria have been suspended for the rest of the 2020 season.
New Zealand Holidays
- Guided Tours – Suspended until 31 December 2020
Due to the Australian Government’s international travel ban, all New Zealand tours have been temporarily suspended.
All customers booked on affected tours will be contacted with options available due to the tour cancellations. This may include holiday or credits depending on the tour. All flights will be subject to the relevant airline’s policy.
All other tours are currently scheduled to operate.
Please contact us if you require any more information.
Help us stay COVIDSafe
The health, safety and wellbeing of all of our guests and staff are our top priority. We have therefore introduced a number of measures to ensure that we remain COVIDSafe.
Travelling on our tours
- We will deny boarding on all of our tours to any traveller who meets any of the following conditions:
- If you have have any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- If you have travelled to any COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days
- If you have been in contact with a known COVID-19 positive case in the past 14 days
- If you have been instructed by any state health authority to self-isolate
Visiting our store in Adelaide
We kindly ask that you refrain from visiting our store if you meet any of the conditions listed above. Card payments are also preferred at this time.
Where can I travel?
A number of restrictions are currently in place between Australian states & territories as well as for overseas destinations. These may change on a regular basis depending on conditions in Australia & overseas.
Border closures & quarantine periods may affect your travel plans. We recommend checking the current restrictions for your destination as well as your home state as restrictions may apply on your arrival and/or return. For more information, please visit the websites below.
Travelling between Australian states
- Australian Capital Territory: covid19.act.gov.au
- New South Wales: health.nsw.gov.au
- Northern Territory: coronavirus.nt.gov.au
- Queensland: covid19.qld.gov.au
- South Australia: covid-19.sa.gov.au
- Tasmania: coronavirus.tas.gov.au
- Victoria: dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Western Australia: wa.gov.au
What restrictions are in place at my destination?
Various COVID-19 restrictions may be in place at your holiday destination. We recommend visiting the websites below for up to date information.
Information on restrictions
What if I am unable to travel?
As a result of the current coronavirus situation, most of our suppliers are offering flexible booking conditions at this time for most travel dates. These may include options to change your travel dates, extend payment deadlines or other options. Cancellation Protection options are also available with some of our suppliers which will allow you to minimise any losses. Ask us for more details on available options.